Wednesday 16 April 2014

DIY Easter Bunny Nail Art


Why hello there!

With Easter just around the corner and my love for nail-art rekindled, I thought that a DIY nail design would be perfect for today’s post. As you will be able to see in my pictures, I am not a professional nail artist by any means – I just enjoy nail polish and nail art a little too much.
I have to credit the amazing CutePolish for this cute and easy Easter Bunny design. If you guys love nail as much as I do, you should definitely check out her YouTube channel for more amazing styles.
For this design, I used polishes that I already had, so feel free to substitute them for whatever you have at home. Here we go:


I always start off my filing, shaping and painting a protective topcoat over my natural nails. I typically use OPI Nail Envy and top it off wit Sephora by OPI basecoat.


To make things a little more festive, I painted a thin coat and very subtle coat of a glittery polish as a ‘background’ for my bunnies. 
OPI Servin’ Up Sparkle



 Now this part takes a little patience. You want to paint a half circle at the tip of your nails. This looks weird, but this will eventually become the face for your bunny.
OPI Alpine Snow






Next, you want to use a dotting tool, a toothpick, or anything thin enough to paint the ears. Paint two vertical white stripes coming out of the half-circles, going ¾ of the way down your nail. Make sure they’re thick enough because we need to paint the inside of them pink.
OPI Alpine Snow






For this next step, I recommend using a toothpick because they always seen to be the perfect width to colour in the white ears. With pink polish, you want to ‘dot-in’ the white stripes we just painted to add a little more detail to the ears.
With that same toothpick, add a little pink dot at the tip of your nail for the nose.
Sephora by OPI Diva-in-Training



 

I also use a toothpick for this last step. Dip your tooth pick in black polish and dot two little eyes for your bunnies. If you’re feeling confident, you can also use a flicking motion to create whiskers by your bunny’s nose. I was too lazy to do it on all of my nails so I just did it on my ring finger.
Sephora by OPI Never Enough Shoes





Now for this final step, I highly encourage using a quick-dry topcoat to seal in your design.
Sephora by OPI Quick Dry Top Coat
Your topcoat doesn’t have to be ‘quick dry’, but I definitely recommend using some sort of topcoat. I just use it because you don’t have to worry about smudging your nails and not the mention the fact that I am one of the most impatient people I know. 


Thats it! Your little Easter bunnies are now complete! I know it seems super simple when you break it down in about 5 steps but it does take A LOT of patient, q-tips and nail polish remover. 
I'd love to see your recreation of this design so make sure you post pictures in the comment section below :) 

I hope you all have a wonderful week building up to the Easter long weekend coming up!

- Anahid  


No comments:

Post a Comment